A ceramic tiles manufacturing unit was set up in Bistrita, belonging to the Saxon craftsman Walter Schuster.
Factory of stoves and ceramic products
The family of Dr. Corneliu Biss acquired the ceramic tiles manufacturing unit and turned it into a joint stock company “Factory of stoves and ceramic products”.
Besides the Biss family, the shareholding of the newly created company included also the Muller family, the Senensieb family and Credit Bank Bistrita.
Shareholders Register “Factory of stoves and ceramic products” (photo).
Factory of stoves and ceramic products was nationalized.
Building Materials Enterprise Bistrita
Establishment of Building Materials Enterprise Bistrita and ” Factory of Stoves and Ceramic Products” was integrated into this Enterprise.
Commissioning of the first extrusion line for PVC profiles and pipes.
Dosing-mixing production line
Commissioning of the first dosing – mixing line that provided some of the necessary granules for the existing extrusion lines and for the other 22 commissioned ones, during same year.
Teraplast was founded by splitting the Building Materials Enterprise from Bistrita, which owned the departments of tiles and plastics processing.
Foreign market acces
Teraplast concluded a strategic partnership with the Hungarian company Gemenc Plast Rt, as the aim of this association was to ensure access to foreign markets by adopting advanced production Technologies.
Establishment of Politub and Plastsistem
Teraplast established in combination with Rompetrol SA and the French companies Gaz de France and Socomo-Socotub, the joint venture company – Politub, with its field of activity – production and distribution of polyethylene pipes for distribution of drinking water and natural gases.
As the main shareholder with a stake of 17.9%, Teraplast, together with other individuals, established Plastsistem company, whose main activity was the manufacture of injected products, PVC joinery and marketing of products that were complementary to Teraplast`s portfolio.
Privatization of Teraplast
Teraplast privatized its capital in full by MEBO method.
Founding of TERAPLAST group of companies, whose founder and leader was TERAPLAST GP.
Teraplast became main shareholder
- Teraplast took over the stake of Rompetrol SA in Politub, becoming thus the main associate with a 50% interests along with French partners, from Socomo-Socotub.
- Aliaxis Company, a world leader in the production and distribution of pipes and tubing became, by acquiring the British company Marley, who in turn took over Gemenc Plast Rt (Hungarian partner of Teraplast), an indirect shareholder of Teraplast, giving the company the advantage of belonging to an international group.
- The company invested over 16 million Euro in development and modernization of production capacities;
- Teraplast started the production of insulating glass windows and 5 chambers profiles;
Teraplast – the main shareholder of Plastsistem
Teraplast became the principal shareholder with a stake of 70.42% in Plastsistem, which was later reorganized to manufacture sandwich panels with polyurethane foam core.
- listing on the Bucharest Stock Exchange, of a pack of 20% of shares
- launching the process of relocation of Teraplast factories from Bistrita, in Saratel, which meant the largest investment program in the company`s history
Completion of construction and technological equipment of the polyolefin plant.
Completion of relocation of all Group companies in the Teraplast Industrial Park from Saratel.
Teraplast moved its headquarters from Bistrita, to the Industrial Park, developed by the Group outside the city limits.