- 2017 Investments
Teraplast acquired 60% of Depaco’s shares – the second largest producer of metal roof tiles in Romania.
It follows the acquisition of a sandwich panel factory in Serbia, investment that will double the production capacity.
50% of Politub SA share capital is purchased. So, Teraplast reaches a share ownership of 99.99%.
TeraPlast SA established Teraplast Hungaria KFT, as part of the Group’s strategy to increase the value of exports.
Plastsistem is rebranded and becomes TeraSteel. The new name is more representative for the company’s activity, its development path as well as its belonging to a Group.
TeraSteel (Plastsistem) began the production of galvanized steel structures, after and investment of 2.5 million euro.
The new visual identity
Teraplast moved its headquarters from Bistrita, to the Industrial Park, developed by the Group outside the city limits.
Completion of relocation of all Group companies in the in Teraplast Industrial Park from Saratel.
Completion of construction and technological equipment of the polyolefin plant.
- 2008 BVB listing
- Listing on the Bucharest Stock Exchange, of a pack of 20% of shares.
- Launching the process of relocation of Teraplast factories from Bistrita to Saratel, which meant the largest investment program in the company`s history.
TeraPlast – the main shareholder of Plastsistem
TeraPlast became the main shareholder with a stake of 70.42% in Plastsistem, which was later reorganized to manufacture thermal insulation panels with polyurethane foam core.
- The company invested over 16 million Euro in development and modernization of production capacities;
- Teraplast started the production of insulating glass windows and 5 chambers profiles;
TeraPlast became main shareholder
- TeraPlast took over the stake of Rompetrol SA in Politub, becoming thus the main associate with a 50% interests along with French partners, from Socomo-Socotub.
- Aliaxis Company, a world leader in the production and distribution of pipes and tubing became, by acquiring the British company Marley, who in turn took over Gemenc Plast Rt (Hungarian partner of Teraplast), an indirect shareholder of Teraplast, giving the company the advantage of belonging to an international group.
Founding of TERAPLAST group of companies, whose founder and leader was TERAPLAST.
Privatization of TeraPlast
TeraPlast privatized its capital in full by MEBO method.
Establishment of Politub and Plastsistem
- Teraplast established in association with Rompetrol SA and the France companies Gaz de France and Socomo-Socotub, the joint venture company – Politub, with its field of activity – production and distribution of polyethylene pipes for distribution of drinking water and natural gases.
- As the main shareholder with a stake of 17.9%, Teraplast, together with other individuals, established Plastsistem Company, whose main activity was the manufacture of injected products, PVC joinery and marketing of products that were complementary to Teraplast’s portfolio.
Foreign market acces
TeraPlast concluded a strategic partnership with the Hungarian company Gemenc Plast Rt, as the aim of this association was to ensure access to foreign markets by adopting advanced production Technologies.
TeraPlast was founded by splitting the Building Materials Enterprise from Bistrita, which owned the departments of tiles and plastics processing.
Dosing-mixing production line
Commissioning of the first dosing – mixing line that provided some of the necessary granules for the existing extrusion lines and for the other 22 commissioned ones, during same year.
Commissioning of the first extrusion line for PVC profiles and pipes.
Building Materials Enterprise Bistrita
Establishment of Building Materials Enterprise Bistrita and” Factory of Stoves and Ceramic Products” was integrated into this Enterprise.
- 1948Factory of stoves and ceramic products was nationalized.
Factory of stoves and ceramic products
The family of Dr. Corneliu Biss acquired the ceramic tiles manufacturing unit and turned it into a joint stock company “Factory of stoves and ceramic products”.
Besides the Biss family, the shareholding of the newly created company included also the Muller family, the Senensieb family and Credit Bank Bistrita.
Shareholders Register “Factory of stoves and ceramic products” (photo).
- 1896 A ceramic tiles manufacturing unit was set up in Bistrita, belonging to the Saxon craftsman Walter Schuster.