CompanyWe are on the market since 1896. Teraplast Company, the largest entity of the Group, is currently one of the largest PVC processor in Romania and one of the leading producers of materials for installations, constructions and design markets. The product portfolio of the
CompanyCertificationsHaving a constant concern to follow the highest standards of quality in product manufacturing, TeraPlast invests in state-of-the-art technologies. Identifying new technologies remains one of our strategic priorities. Thus, in order to gain advantage in front of our competitors, we continuously invest in our
CompanyManagement policy Teraplast undertook the commitment to communicate closely with its customers and to develop strategic partnerships both nationally and regionally. Thanks to the continuous efforts of Teraplast team to implement the Quality Management System, our complete solutions recommend us as an actor ready
CompanyCSRThe main directions of Teraplast corporate responsibility strategy are minimizing the impact that products have on the environment, active involvement in society, creating attractive conditions of work and collaboration with responsible suppliers.Teraplast CSR programs focuse both on the internal culture and on the external
CompanyTechnology Teraplast invests constantly in technological development, currently having the capacity to provide modern, efficient and innovative solutions to the building materials market, as well as drainage, sewage and adduction system, interior design systems, thermo-insulating joinery or profile systems for joinery. Teraplast production capacities
CompanyLaboratoryWithin the testing laboratory of TeraPlast SA Bistrita, are being performed tests in fields such as, physico-mechanical, physico-chemical and physical for both its own products and for third parties; Tests carried out in the testing laboratory are accredited according to SR EN ISO /
- 2017 Investments
Teraplast acquired 60% of Depaco’s shares – the second largest producer of metal roof tiles in Romania.
It follows the acquisition of a sandwich panel factory in Serbia, investment that will double the production capacity.
50% of Politub SA share capital is purchased. So, Teraplast reaches a share ownership of 99.99%.
TeraPlast SA established Teraplast Hungaria KFT, as part of the Group’s strategy to increase the value of exports.
Plastsistem is rebranded and becomes TeraSteel. The new name is more representative for the company’s activity, its development path as well as its belonging to a Group.
TeraSteel (Plastsistem) began the production of galvanized steel structures, after and investment of 2.5 million euro.
The new visual identity
Teraplast moved its headquarters from Bistrita, to the Industrial Park, developed by the Group outside the city limits.
Completion of relocation of all Group companies in the in Teraplast Industrial Park from Saratel.
Completion of construction and technological equipment of the polyolefin plant.
- 2008 BVB listing
- Listing on the Bucharest Stock Exchange, of a pack of 20% of shares.
- Launching the process of relocation of Teraplast factories from Bistrita to Saratel, which meant the largest investment program in the company`s history.
TeraPlast – the main shareholder of Plastsistem
TeraPlast became the main shareholder with a stake of 70.42% in Plastsistem, which was later reorganized to manufacture thermal insulation panels with polyurethane foam core.
- The company invested over 16 million Euro in development and modernization of production capacities;
- Teraplast started the production of insulating glass windows and 5 chambers profiles;
TeraPlast became main shareholder
- TeraPlast took over the stake of Rompetrol SA in Politub, becoming thus the main associate with a 50% interests along with French partners, from Socomo-Socotub.
- Aliaxis Company, a world leader in the production and distribution of pipes and tubing became, by acquiring the British company Marley, who in turn took over Gemenc Plast Rt (Hungarian partner of Teraplast), an indirect shareholder of Teraplast, giving the company the advantage of belonging to an international group.
Founding of TERAPLAST group of companies, whose founder and leader was TERAPLAST.
Privatization of TeraPlast
TeraPlast privatized its capital in full by MEBO method.
Establishment of Politub and Plastsistem
- Teraplast established in association with Rompetrol SA and the France companies Gaz de France and Socomo-Socotub, the joint venture company – Politub, with its field of activity – production and distribution of polyethylene pipes for distribution of drinking water and natural gases.
- As the main shareholder with a stake of 17.9%, Teraplast, together with other individuals, established Plastsistem Company, whose main activity was the manufacture of injected products, PVC joinery and marketing of products that were complementary to Teraplast’s portfolio.
Foreign market acces
TeraPlast concluded a strategic partnership with the Hungarian company Gemenc Plast Rt, as the aim of this association was to ensure access to foreign markets by adopting advanced production Technologies.
TeraPlast was founded by splitting the Building Materials Enterprise from Bistrita, which owned the departments of tiles and plastics processing.
Dosing-mixing production line
Commissioning of the first dosing – mixing line that provided some of the necessary granules for the existing extrusion lines and for the other 22 commissioned ones, during same year.
Commissioning of the first extrusion line for PVC profiles and pipes.
Building Materials Enterprise Bistrita
Establishment of Building Materials Enterprise Bistrita and” Factory of Stoves and Ceramic Products” was integrated into this Enterprise.
- 1948Factory of stoves and ceramic products was nationalized.
Factory of stoves and ceramic products
The family of Dr. Corneliu Biss acquired the ceramic tiles manufacturing unit and turned it into a joint stock company “Factory of stoves and ceramic products”.
Besides the Biss family, the shareholding of the newly created company included also the Muller family, the Senensieb family and Credit Bank Bistrita.
Shareholders Register “Factory of stoves and ceramic products” (photo).
- 1896 A ceramic tiles manufacturing unit was set up in Bistrita, belonging to the Saxon craftsman Walter Schuster.