1896

A ceramic tiles manufacturing unit was set up in Bistrita, belonging to the Saxon craftsman Walter Schuster.

1917

Factory of stoves and ceramic products

The family of Dr. Corneliu Biss acquired the ceramic tiles manufacturing unit and turned it into a joint stock company “Factory of stoves and ceramic products”.

Besides the Biss family, the shareholding of the newly created company included also the Muller family, the Senensieb family and Credit Bank Bistrita.

Shareholders Register “Factory of stoves and ceramic products” (photo).

1948

Factory of stoves and ceramic products was nationalized.

1977

Building Materials Enterprise Bistrita

Establishment of Building Materials Enterprise Bistrita and ” Factory of Stoves and Ceramic Products” was integrated into this Enterprise.

1978

Commissioning of the first extrusion line for PVC profiles and pipes.

1979

Dosing-mixing production line

Commissioning of the first dosing – mixing line that provided some of the necessary granules for the existing extrusion lines and for the other 22 commissioned ones, during same year.

1990

Teraplast

Teraplast was founded by splitting the Building Materials Enterprise from Bistrita, which owned the departments of tiles and plastics processing.

1992

Foreign market acces

Teraplast concluded a strategic partnership with the Hungarian company Gemenc Plast Rt, as the aim of this association was to ensure access to foreign markets by adopting advanced production Technologies.

1994

Establishment of Politub and Plastsistem

Teraplast established in combination with Rompetrol SA and the French companies Gaz de France and Socomo-Socotub, the joint venture company – Politub, with its field of activity – production and distribution of polyethylene pipes for distribution of drinking water and natural gases.

As the main shareholder with a stake of 17.9%, Teraplast, together with other individuals, established Plastsistem company, whose main activity was the manufacture of injected products, PVC joinery and marketing of products that were complementary to Teraplast`s portfolio.

1995

Privatization of Teraplast

Teraplast privatized its capital in full by MEBO method.

1998

Teraplast Group

Founding of TERAPLAST group of companies, whose founder and leader was TERAPLAST GP.

1999

Teraplast became main shareholder

  • Teraplast took over the stake of Rompetrol SA in Politub, becoming thus the main associate with a 50% interests along with French partners, from Socomo-Socotub.
  • Aliaxis Company, a world leader in the production and distribution of pipes and tubing became, by acquiring the British company Marley, who in turn took over Gemenc Plast Rt (Hungarian partner of Teraplast), an indirect shareholder of Teraplast, giving the company the advantage of belonging to an international group.
2004-2006

Investments

  • The company invested over 16 million Euro in development and modernization of production capacities;
  • Teraplast started the production of insulating glass windows and 5 chambers profiles;
2007

Teraplast – the main shareholder of Plastsistem

Teraplast became the principal shareholder with a stake of 70.42% in Plastsistem, which was later reorganized to manufacture sandwich panels with polyurethane foam core.

2008

BVB listing

  • listing on the Bucharest Stock Exchange, of a pack of 20% of shares
  • launching the process of relocation of Teraplast factories from Bistrita, in Saratel, which meant the largest investment program in the company`s history
2009

Polyolefin plant

Completion of construction and technological equipment of the polyolefin plant.

2010

Relocation ending

Completion of relocation of all Group companies in the Teraplast Industrial Park from Saratel.

2011

Headquarters

Teraplast moved its headquarters from Bistrita, to the Industrial Park, developed by the Group outside the city limits.

2013

The new visual identity